FREE PLANNING GUIDE!
The Top 9 Estate Planning Mistakes People Make
(…And How to Avoid Them!)
Don’t Let Costly Mistakes Derail Your Estate Plan! Our Free E-book Reveals
the Biggest Myths and Misconceptions – and How to Avoid Them.
By: Lisa Golshani, Attorney at Law
When it comes to estate planning, even small mistakes can have big consequences.
It’s a terrible tragedy to see people work hard, scrape and save their whole lives, then just throw away their money – – and their family’s future – – when they die.
Unfortunately, in over 18 years as an estate planning attorney, I have seen this occur all too often.
How can this happen to someone who diligently watches his or her financial affairs and successfully builds a good size estate?
It’s often just plain lack of knowledge. Few of us have yet to experience the consequences of death (unless someone close to you has passed away and you’ve been involved in handling his or her estate).
And, because of common misconceptions about estate planning, many people unwittingly commit terrible mistakes that later cause tremendous grief for them and their family. That includes:
- Family members winding up in Probate court—despite paying thousands of dollars for a Living Trust that was meant to keep them out of it!
- Being prevented by doctors and hospitals from overseeing a loved one’s care in a crisis situation because the plan was missing foundational pieces.
- Paying unnecessary taxes and legal fees… including huge “death taxes” to Uncle Sam.
- Confusion, family fighting, chaos and more.
Let me share some of these mistakes with you – – the ones I consider
“The Top 9” – – with the hope that you will not repeat them!
When You Download My Free Guide, You Will Discover:
- Why a Will alone may not work to protect your family and assets if something happens to you.
- The “missing link” document that most adults need (but few have) to accomplish their goals and safeguard their family’s finances —even from beyond the grave.
- Will you owe estate taxes? Learn how to help your heirs minimize or even avoid “death” taxes of up to 40% or more after your passing.
- Why most Living Trusts don’t work, where the areas of concern are, and how you can correct the problems.
- How to protect vulnerable beneficiaries from themselves and pass your inheritance down in a safe way if your heir is struggling with substance abuse, mental health challenges, or other risky behaviors.
- How to keep the courts from calling the shots over your medical or financial affairs if you are disabled or incapacitated… and why most estate plans fail to deal with this.
- Why estate planning is not a “one-and-done” event, and how often you need to review your documents to ensure they work as intended.